22 July 2010

Gems of Chinatown: Pearl River Market


Its not often I have the chance to go into Manhattan. But when I do I always make sure to stop by Chinatown. One of my favorite places to visit is the Pearl River Market.


Their story, from their website:



Everything from lanterns to clothing to furniture to lighting to musical instruments to wedding dresses, you can find all of it in this tiny, two story department store in the middle of the Big Apple. All of what they sell is handmade and authentic, the kind of goods China was known for prior to the Opium Wars, not the Chromium tainted plastic crap we know them for today.


Needless to say, I have bought many things there. Even if you don’t intend to buy anything, its a wonderful place to look around.


The Store is located at:


477 Broadway, New York, NY


If you don’t live in the New York metro area, you can shop online and they will ship anywhere in the world.


Website: pearlriver.com




No comments:

Post a Comment